Some people say "theater" refers to the building, whereas "theatre" refers to the art form. Others say it's just another difference between British and American English. I'm not sure where I stand on that. So far all of the dictionaries I've referred to list both as acceptable.
haha you're awesome, Elisha. Here, I wasn't sure what the proper name of the venue was. AP style prefers theater in all instances, and AMC seems to like theatre. I have no personal preference.
2 comments:
Some people say "theater" refers to the building, whereas "theatre" refers to the art form. Others say it's just another difference between British and American English. I'm not sure where I stand on that. So far all of the dictionaries I've referred to list both as acceptable.
haha you're awesome, Elisha. Here, I wasn't sure what the proper name of the venue was. AP style prefers theater in all instances, and AMC seems to like theatre. I have no personal preference.
Post a Comment