Sunday, August 9, 2009

King Hall, anon

Featured above is the main, and for now, the only, building of UC Davis' law school, colloquially referred to as King Hall, too. I took this picture on July 4, when I had gone up to visit the town with my parents.

In less than 5 days ("less" intentional. Don't you hate my little grammar lessons and commentary?), I'll be embarking on my first solo drive to Northern California to begin a hectic scramble to get a new life and a new home in order before school begins just 2-3 days later. Understandably, I'm excited and scared. Unlike many of my colleagues, who were able to attend admitted students' events and plan their spring and summer schedules, I was admitted off the waitlist in June (yay splitter). I quit work less than a month ago and it's been nonstop stress and manual labor since then. Now it's time to put that all behind me -- perhaps the burden I must bear for screwing around in undergrad -- and prepare to work hard and make the most of my experience... Something I didn't do either of at UCLA... Something I deeply regret.

And so I begin anew in many ways. I've already mentioned on my new, less personal, more issue-oriented blog that I like to symbolically renew and refresh myself with new blogs, fresh starts. This blog has fallen by the wayside as of late, and the few posts I have made in the last several months were admittedly lacking in quality. So I'll be editing and cleaning this thing up.

Best of luck to anyone else beginning school, including all my new 1L classmates and especially my new apartmentmates!

No comments: